Turkey Taco Salad
- 2 lbs organic lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoon garlic
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (chopped and washed)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper (chopped medium)
- ¼ cup green onions (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup rinsed cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 can organic black beans (rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn (Recommend Trader Joe’s fire roasted corn)
- 2 medium avocados (1 avocado chopped and one reserved for salad dressing)
- 1 small lemon
- 1 cup olive oil or avocado oil
Heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil in large skillet add minced onion and sauté until fragrant about 4 minutes. Add ground turkey breaking up with spoon until cooked through.
Season with chili powder, cumin, kosher salt and garlic. Allow to rest covered on off burner.
Wash and chop romaine, bell pepper, green onion, 1 avocado (reserving second avocado for dressing as directed).
Layer fresh vegetables, corn, beans in large salad bowl or individually on plates according to portion size.
In food processor or blender combine remaining avocado, ½ cup cilantro, juice of small lemon, 1 small clove of garlic, 1 cup of olive oil, 1 tsp kosher salt until smooth divide into two small mason jars and place one in freezer for later use if desired.
This recipe can be used in a burrito bowl by adding 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa.